– It contains Drug / Molecules called Imatinib.
For survival, cells need signaling through proteins (signal cascade). Here, the phosphate group is added by tyrosine kinase enzyme, which is used by proteins for signal cascade. Imatinib stops the addition of phosphate group in signal cascade for cancer cells. Hence works as a form of targeted therapy—only cancer cells are killed through the drug's action.
It is used to treat certain types of leukemia (blood cancer), bone marrow disorders, and skin cancer, or certain tumors of the stomach and digestive system.
100 mg & 400 mg Tablets.
Store at room temperature (25°C), protect from light.
Cipla Ltd. (INDIA)
PRECAUTION & WARNING:
- Imatib is a prescription drug and should be used under proper medical guidance and advice.
- Cytopenias (reduction or lack of certain cell elements in blood circulation) might occur.
- Severe congestive heart failure and hepatotoxicity may occur.
- Upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, joint pain, muscle cramps/pain, dizziness, blurred vision, or drowsiness may occur.