NATCO PHARMA LIMITED (INDIA).
“Dasanat” contains Drug / Molecules called “Dasatinib”. Dasanat belongs to a class of medications protein tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI). Dasanat blocks and interferes with how cells make a number of protein kinases and is called a multi kinase inhibitor. It will works by blocking the signals to grow.
Dasanat is used for the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
SIDE EFFECTS :
- The most common side effects are infection, suppression of bone marrow, headache, haemorrhage, pleural effusion, dyspnea, diarrhea, vomiting, Nausea, Abdominal pain, skin rash, tiredness, fever.
- Neutropenia and Myelosuppression were common toxic effects.
- Several cases of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) were found in people treated with Dasanat.
- Some products that may interact with Dasanat include : Amiodaron, amitriptyline, Carbamazepine - Dasanat will increase the level or effect of drugs by affecting hepatic/intestinal enzyme CYP3A4 metabolism. Avoid or Use Alternate Drug.
- Do not use more than prescribed dose.
- Patients who have received doses higher than those recommended should be carefully monitored.
- Do not take extra dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Dasanat is a prescription drug and should be used under proper medical guidance and advice.
- Neutropenia and myelosuppression were common toxic effects.
1 X 60 tablets (Plastic Container)
Store at a room temperature not exceeding 30 C
Was this page helpful?
Dasanat also available as
Bristol & Myer’s Squibb
"Sprycel" contains Drug / Molecules called “Dasatinib”. Sprycel belongs to a class of medications Protein Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor (TKI). Sprycel blocks and interferes with how cells make a number of protein kinases and is called a multi kinase inhibitor. It will works by blocking the signals to grow.
“Dasanat” is the generic version of “Sprycel” and both contains same drug “Dasatinib”.