Bristol & Myers Squibb
“Droxia” contains the Drug / Molecule called “Hydroxyurea”. Droxia is an anti-cancer ("antineoplastic" or "cytotoxic") chemotherapy drug. Droxia is classified as an "antimetabolite."
Droxia is used for the treatment of melanoma, resistant chronic myelocytic leukemia and recurrent, meta-static or inoperable carcinoma of the ovary.
Droxia used concomitantly with irradiation therapy is intended for use in the local control of primary squamous cell (epidermoid) carcinomas of the head and neck, excluding the lip.
SIDE EFFECTS :
- Adverse reactions have been primarily bone marrow depression (leukopenia, anemia, and occasionally thrombocytopenia), and less frequently gastrointestinal symptoms and dermatological reaction.
- Hyperpigmentation, atrophy of skin and nails, scaling and violet papules have been observed in some patient after several years of long-term daily maintenance therapy with Droxia.
- Skin cancer has been reported.
- Droxia is contraindicated in patients who have demonstrated a previous hypersensitivity to Hydroxyurea or any component of its formulation.
- There are no data on concomitant use of Hydroxyurea with other drugs in human.
- Prospective studies on the potential for hydroxyurea to interact with other drugs have been not performed.
- Acute mucocutaneous toxicity has been reported in patients receiving Droxia at dosages several times the therapeutic dose. Soreness, violet erythema, edema on palm and soles followed by scaling of hands and feet, severe generalized hyperpigmentation of the skin, and stomatitis have also been observed.
- Droxia prescription drug and should be used under proper medical guidance and advice.
- Contraindicated in pregnancy and pregnancy.
- It should be borne in mind that bone marrow depression is more likely in patients who have previously received radiotherapy or cytotoxic cancer chemotherapeutic agents, Droxia should be used cautiously in such patients.
- Droxia should be used with caution in patients with marked renal dysfunction.
1 X 60 capsules (Plastic container)
Store at room temperature
Was this page helpful?
Droxia-hydrosar also available as
Sarabhai Chemicals (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Hydrosar contains Drug / Molecule called “Hydroxyurea”. Hydrosar is an anti-cancer ("antineoplastic" or "cytotoxic") chemotherapy drug. Hydrosar is classified as an "antimetabolite."