“Zecyte” contains the Drug / Molecule called “Abiraterone”. Zecyte belongs to the general class of drugs known as hormones or hormone antagonists. Zecyte works by blocking an enzyme called CYP17. This enzyme normally helps certain cells in the body make male hormones called androgens, such as testosterone. Since prostate cancer usually depends on androgens to help it grow and spread, this helps stop it from growing.
Zecyte is used in combination with prednisone, a corticosteroid to treat metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer and in the treatment of metastatic high-risk castration-sensitive prostate cancer.
SIDE EFFECTS :
- Common side effects include headache, nausea, rash, diarrhea, fatigue, urinary tract infection, hypertension, cough hypokalemia, glucocorticoid deficiency.
- Abiraterone acetate is a CYP3A4 substrate and hence should not be administered concurrently with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors such as Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Clarithromycin, Atazanavir, Nefazodone, Saquinavir, Telithromycin, Ritonavir, Indinavir, Nelfinavir, Voriconazole or inducers such as Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Rifampin, Rifabutin, Rifapentine, Phenobarbital
- Spironolactone should be avoided in prostate cancer patients suffering from treatment-associated mineralocorticoid side effects of Abiraterone acetate.
- Clinical experience with overdose of Zecyte is limited. There is no specific antidote for Zecyte overdose, and treatment should consist of general supportive measures, including monitoring of cardiac and liver function.
- Zecyte is a prescription drug and should be used under proper medical guidance and advice.
- Zecyte is not for use in women or children.
250 mg , 500 mg
1 X 120 Tablets (Plastic Container)
Store at room temperature