“Rolimus” contains Drug / Molecule called “Everolimus”.
Everolimus, an immunosuppressive drug, is prescribed for the management of graft rejection in graft versus host disease (GVHD) in organ transplanted patients. It belongs to a class of medications called as protein kinase inhibitor. Rolimus is a potent inhibitor of the growth and proliferation of tumour cells, has shown to reduce glycolysis.
Rolimus is commonly prescribed in kidney and / or liver transplanted, renal cancer patients.
Everolimus is approved for various conditions:
- Advanced kidney cancer (US FDA approved in March 2009)
- Prevention of organ rejection after renal transplant (US FDA April 2010)
- Subependymal giant cell astrocytoma (SEGA) associated with tuberous sclerosis (TS) in patients who are not suitable for surgical intervention (US FDA October 2010)
- Progressive or metastatic pancreatic neuroendocrine Tumors not surgically removable (May 2011)
- Breast cancer in post-menopausal women with advanced hormone-receptor positive, HER2-negative type cancer, in conjunction with Exemestane (US FDA July 2012)
- Prevention of organ rejection after liver transplant(Feb 2013)
- Progressive, well-differentiated non-functional, neuroendocrine tumors (NET) of gastrointestinal (GI) or lung origin with unresectable, locally advanced or metastatic disease (US FDA February 2016).
- Tuberous sclerosis complex-associated partial-onset seizures for adult and Pediatric patients aged 2 years and older. (US FDA April 2018).
SIDE EFFECTS :
Non-Infectious Pneumonitis, Infections, Severe Hypersensitivity reactions, Angioedema, Renal Failure.
- Avoid the concomitant use of P-gp and strong CYP3A4 inhibitors.
- Patients taking concomitant ACE inhibitors with Rolimus may be at increased risk for angioedema. Avoid the concomitant use of ACE inhibitors with Rolimus.
- Do not use more than prescribed dose.
- If you suspect you may have overdosed, call your healthcare provider.
- Do not take extra dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Rolimus is a prescription drug and should be used under proper medical guidance and advice.
- Contraindicated in patients with clinical history of melanoma, clotting disorders, hepatic diseases.
1 X 10 Tablets (Strip)
Store at a room temperature not exceeding 30 C