NATCO PHARMA LIMITED (INDIA)
DENOPSY contains Drug / Molecule called “TERIFLUNOMIDE”. Teriflunomide is the active metabolite of the parent drug, leflunomide, which is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Leflunomide is rapidly converted almost entirely into teriflunomide following oral ingestion and thus teriflunomide has become the focus of development for use in patients with Multiple sclerosis.
Denopsy is used in the treatment of Multiple sclerosis.
SIDE EFFECTS :
- The serious Side effects include Hepatotoxicity, Bone marrow effects / immunosuppression potential / infections, Hypersensitivity and serious skin reaction, Peripheral Neuropathy, Increased Blood pressure and respiratory effects. .
- Common side effects included nausea, diarrhea, Headache, Increase in Alanine aminotransferase, alopecia, Nausea, Paresthesia, Arthralgia, Neutropenia, Hypertension.
- In patients taking Denopsy, exposure of drugs metabolized by CYP2C8 (e.g. paclitaxel, pioglitazone, repaglinide, rosiglitazone) may be increased.
- Coadministration of Denopsy with Warfarin requires close monitoring of the international normalized ratio (INR) because Denopsy may decrease peak INR by approximately 25%.
- In patients taking Denopsy, exposure of drugs metabolized by CYP1A2 (e.g.alosetron, duloxetine, theophylline, tizanidine) may be reduced.
- Do not use more than prescribed dose.
- Patients who have received doses higher than those recommended should be carefully monitored.
- Do not take extra dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Denopsy is a prescription drug and should be used under proper medical guidance and advice.
- Severe liver injury including fatal liver failure and dysfunction has been reported in some patients treated with Denopsy which is indicated for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Denopsy may cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman.
- Denopsy is not recommended for patients with severe immunodeficiency, bone marrow disease or severe, uncontrolled infections.
1*10 Tablets (Strip)
Store below 30°C (86°F).
Was this page helpful?
Denopsy also available as
"Aubagio" contains Drug / Molecule called "Teriflunomide". Aubagio is the active metabolite of the parent drug, leflunomide, which is use in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Leflunomide is rapidly converted almost entirely into Aubagio following oral ingestion and thus Aubagio has become the focus of development for use in patients with Multiple sclerosis.
“Denopsy” is the generic version of “Aubagio” and both contains same drug “ Teriflunomide”.